
As it turns out, we stayed home for Christmas.....for reasons that half my family got ill. Other than that, it was a peaceful, joyful Christmas. We were opened gifts as a family, and then we had our special late breakfast. I used my griddle that Santa got me to make the meal. The kids were happy all day long to play in their rooms with all their toys. Amazing day really....I took a LONG nap! It was a nice Christmas in retrospect. I wish could have been in the picture, but oh well, someone had to take the snapshot!
Heidi
2 comments:
I see we need to play around with the timer a bit. That picture just exudes "relaxed christmas" to me--it really does. I have so learned over the years that all the fanfare and fanciness of big family gatherings--that's not what I want for christmas. I just want a nice relaxing day. If we get to visit with family a bit, that's great. But otherwise, I just enjoy the good mood everyone is in (mostly). Glad that you had a good christmas, sorry to hear that some are sick, but at least they're not missing school. :)
I miss the old Taylor big Christmas but I'll have to say I enjoyed the low key Christmas this year. We just exchanged gifts with Amy, Rick, & Anthony then had a late breakfast at Rich's Restaurant. Anthony stayed a few hours with us & then went home.
Post a Comment