Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Here I am, Santa!


The school had done really well at preparing my autistic kids for the holidays this year....holidays used to be so stressful because it was out of routine and those kiddos just didn't seem to see it coming...or understand....but now, they look forward to it.....understand the traditions.....and talk about it......especially, Tyler....this year.....on Thanksgiving break, he got out a marker and put holiday on all the days off of school AND THEN every morning he came to me and gave me a hug and said all bright eyed, "hi, mom, it's a holiday". I found something special on his door frame last night. He had colored a picture of a gingerbread man and put his name on it. Then, he got some construction paper, and cut out an arrow. And then, he made a sign that said, "i am here, Santa!" That just cracked me up! I had to share. Isn't that just precious? He wanted to make sure Santa didn't forget him and knew where to find him. So funny!!! I love when Tyler expresses himself because he is so challenged in that ability.....always wonder what he is thinking....

Heidi

2 comments:

Mary said...

That is so telling, Heidi, about Tyler. What a sweet boy he is.

Aunt Mary

momsmemories said...

Like you said. That is so precious!!! It does show his sweet personality & acceptance of routine changes