
I find it interesting that the role of story telling has fallen to me in my family. I don't know what is typical for other families or cultures, but in my family, I tell the stories because I am in the one that has kept journals. Just in the last while, my kids have started wanting to hear real life stories in the past. I don't mind, and I find I enjoy telling them too. Now, just before bedtime, the kids will say, "tell us, the such and such story, again"....and sometimes, they ask for a new one! I am starting to think they enjoy it more than the books read to them every night. So, if they are reverent during family scripture and prayer time, then I reward them with an verbal story or some kind.
1 comment:
that is really fantastic! this is exactly the reason i've started scrapping the way i do--b/c i want to put those stories down on paper so the kids will always have them.
Post a Comment