Our first field trip of the summer....we went to a western art's museum near us. It's located near Boulder, Colorado. You first walk up to the entrance and see cool metal statues. Then, you go inside and see this gorgeous, break taking watercolor paintings, and some so huge you just literally stand in awe viewing and half wishing you were in the picture! I talked about each painting with the kids...and when they saw the "train room" they all went oooooo and also commented that baby Adam would love the pictures of the train....and if voicing my thoughts out loud, Grant says, "maybe you should buy a watercolor picture of a train for Adam's room....I was so thinking that , at that moment!! I told Grant it would be neat, but these paintings weren't for sale. LOL We came home and made our OWN paintings....I think it was very inspiring!
Heidi
2 comments:
that sounds so cool!
I visited the website of Leanin Tree, and it does show some beautiful paintings as well as the bronze sculptures. That's awesome, as Anthony would say. I think next time we go to the Bay Area a trip to a museum would be nice for the family. I love reading your blogs it helps get me inspired as well!!!
Post a Comment