Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Computers are GODS!!!!


I just want to say that I have made phone calls in the past to creditors about them billing me in error or something having gone wrong similar in that problem, and it never fails that some moron over the phone tells me, "computers can't make errors". Usually the conversation then goes with me saying, "yes, but people using the computers do!" and I get this hub a blub about how computers are perfect, god's gift to man because they are so incapable of imperfection. Whatever! then, I end the call in frustration, but it was even more humorous to have my husband place the next call to the supervisor, getting the same response, and with him being a computer engineer having some knowledge to throw at them.....basically, "don't give me that line of bull....I deal with computers everyday..." , not that it made any difference that he had the capacity to put backing into proving they were wrong by these idiotic statements that computers are Gods! but it was the first time I heard my husband yell at someone, and it was quite amuzing to hear the verbage on his end anyway.....
we have a very unforgiving society, as a creditor, they should expect mishaps and provide good customer service, and not give you grief....I mean, at least admit when they are wrong!!!!! I have to say that I have very clever kids....use parental locks, designed on their in my opinion, incomplete systems, and even that is not full proof, and there should be some willingness with businesses to undo purchases, or at least give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I mean it means absolutely nothing when you explain to ppl that your child got through the parental locks and did havoc! Even when you try to place the special needs card and explain that my child doesn't know any better and it's not as easy as just reasoning with him....they don't care! ultimately! I had to make two phone calls today, already because my autistic child has nothing better to do, oh, summer break is here!, then go around causing mischief, one impossible situation after another, which now includes trying to make unwanted purchases. So, I am having alot more conversations like this than I want too.

Heidi

No comments: