Yum. Yum. Yep, that is a word, a baby word, for food. One of Adam's first words is yum yum. He has said ba ba for bottle, duck, ball, mama, dadda. The cutest word so far is yum yum. I was spoon feeding him yogurt and applesauce and crushed cereal, and I said, "mmmm, yummy" to him, next thing I know he is indicating he is hungry or wanting food by saying this sound, so everything is "yum yum". Last night, he was eating toast and came up to me, saw that i was eating a pear. He stretched forth this hand to grab at the pear and say, "yum, yum" with the bread in his mouth. I laughed and said, "silly boy, u got bread in your mouth, you can't have some of mommy's fruit until you finish what is in your mouth". At that point, he takes the bread out of his mouth, puts it in my hand and then reaches for the pear again, and he says, "yum yum"....I laughed and said, "i don't want your chewed up bread ewww", but then I rewarded him with fruit because I was so tickled he responded to what I told him and the fact he indicated what he wanted....which is JUST SO HUGE to me because so far the three kids I have had were delayed in their social and language skills, the two older boys more so than my daughter, but this is still new for me....to have a child so responsive. Right now, he has about five words or so, and he is very social with us....we are thrilled.
Heidi
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment