Saturday, July 14, 2007

things I do

I actually sat down recently and thought about all the many things I am doing lately....it's amazing really! I am on the PTO board. I am an enrichment group leader. I am now a newsletter person. I keep my home "presentable", do yard maintenance, growing a herbal garden, child care, cooking, have had girl night outs, dinner groups( either at my house or at their home), blogging, taking picture of the kids on occasion, journal keeping, reading, teaching my kids new things, taking my kids to activities, recipe exchange group, adoption support group meetings, doctors appts, park days for my preschool playgroup that I am directing, or was....actually dropped that...but I was doing it for awhile.....arranging playdates for preschooler now, yard service for my relative, service for my neighbors, walks with my cousin who is also a great friend and neighbor, letters and packages to famly and friends, shopping trips, foster care certification, online elective courses for fun, and to add to the mix a musical rehearsal for a song I am singing at church this Sunday, apart of a trio ....and the list just keeps going....someone asked me recently what I am up too....I had to actually sit and think about it....but my answer was "i am knee deep in parenting"....and that is my line now when people ask that familiar question, what things am I doing???

Heidi

1 comment:

alison said...

i like that 'knee deep in parenting'--so describes what we do on a daily basis.