
Grant has become very useful when I am in the middle of something, I will go ask him to relay a message to his father or another child. I think he enjoys this new duty that I have allotted him. For the most part, it often is "go tell your father dinner is ready" or "go tell your father mommy needs him" or something along that line. The funny thing, or almost remarkable, is that he now tells me messages that other people have asked him to relay to me, like a teacher "mom, there is something in my book bag for u", or even more recently, he is starting to relay messages to me that my husband was supposed too and forgot. lol Like, "so and so called u on Saturday mom" or "the delivery guy will come back on such and such date" rlol I think is memory is really fantastic and a strength of his now, which is ironic because back when he was first diagnosed in 2002 it was like his short term memory was not functioning that well, and I would have to use repetition in learning so it would go to his long term memory which he was much better with, at that time. I know that is true with most young children to some degree, but when he was younger it was a little more so than the average child his age developmentally. He has GREAT short term memory, and he is now my little messenger.
Heidi
No comments:
Post a Comment