Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Where am I ?


This summer, I have been surprised that both Grant and Tyler, they keep asking for maps. They trace it out. They color it. They ask questions about the map I gave them. It's really neat. They have been focusing on the map of United States, particularly Colorado. Grant made the connection that he was born in Utah...that it's the next state over....I explained to him that the mountains he sees everyday out the window shares the mountain range with that state too. Before I know it, Grant is asking me about "his story". So, we go through the story several times this summer, of how mommy and daddy met, got married, had Grant, etc.....he wants to see this on a map....where he has been and talk about the present "where am I?" every time we get in a car, he wants to navigate and follow along. So cute! It's like he wants to know "where am I?" Grant is my new GPS tracking system. ;) Tyler just likes to draw it all. I am impressed when I look at his page because I can identify what he is thinking and what he is drawing. Who knows....maybe Tyler will work for Triple AAA someday publishing map directories and travel guides. Grant will program GPS systems.

Heidi

No comments: