Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm a BIG Boy NOW!!!



I sensed the time was close at hand, but I didn't want to prematurely make the switch until I had some sort of confirmation. Being that he would occasionally still take naps, I decided to just wait it out. On Saturday, we put Adam down for a nap. Moments later, I am hearing some kid run around upstairs. I counted heads downstairs and realize it is not the big kids...it is Adam! He had escaped the crib hold. Tim found him running around in his room giggling hysterically. So, he put him back inside his crib. Would he stay there? Oh, no! He had discovered his freedom. I saw the frustration on Tim's face when he came back downstairs, but I couldn't help it but to laugh too. I told Tim to accept the inevitable that he was going to give up naps and climb out of his crib someday...beit, it was sooner than the other kids have.....but that is Adam for you! He now has found freedom and happiness in his big boy bed that daddy put together Saturday evening. So far, we haven't had any problems getting him to bed at night. I think he is just happy because the new bed had BALLS on the headboard/foot board.

Heidi

1 comment:

momsmemories said...

Wow!!! These pics really show how Adam is getting older. Cute bed!!! Love the slides too. Adam playing basketball - shows his heighth. The girls look like they are enjoying themselves. Got to get a peak at the boys & their interest.