Thursday, November 20, 2008

anything is a toy!


My two year old son, Adam, he is in the midst of daily fighting his nap. I put him in his nice cozy bed, full of dolls, blankets, etc....and in the end, he is bored so he throws EVERYTHING outside the crib first before giving in to sleep. This seems to include clothes because as you see, he took off house slippers, socks and pants yesterday before he decided he had to give up. I always debate between age 2-3 when they desperately still need their sleep and down time in the afternoon either or not to keep them in the crib or not. In the end, we decided it is a nice way to keep them safe and forces the issue. Toddlers just don't know what is good for them....obviously, he still needs his naps! He is sleeping so peacefully in this photo. Yes, I know in time he won't nap anymore....just savoring the last year he will. I figure about the time we potty train him we will have to take him out of the crib.

Heidi

2 comments:

alison said...

that is too funny! especially with him little behind sticking up in the air.

Mary said...

That is such a telling picture!

Aunt Mary