Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween






I love this time of year....the beginning of holiday traditions. We like to carve pumpkins in October and someday I hope to show the kids how to make caramel nut dipped apples...but I haven't gotten around to that yet....next is mom's project of making homemade halloween outfits. Although, Tyler requested Spiderman, and as good as I am in sewing, I do have limitations, so we just bought his. Grant has decided to be a pirate this year....funny cause when he was trying on his outfit, he starts to sing from Veggietales "the pirates that don't do anything, but lie around..." so he relates his costume to that Jonah movie, Tyler...has never seen spider man but saw the outfit in a circular mailer that came in the mail and requested it LOL, Katilyn and Mickayla in the princess stage, so of course they had to be princesses!!, and Tim's idea of cookie monster for Adam because truly a day doesn't go by that he isn't asking us for one and his motto is "a cookie a day will keep the grumpies away"....so anyway, at 6am this morning, we hear a little boy excited, coming out of his room running around proclaiming, "S-P-I-D-E-R-M-A-N" loudly!!! He was so excited that Halloween was finally here and could wear his costume. We have a family night planned after trick o treating is over......playing Barbie UNO and enjoying a handful of candy....we plan special fun things on the holiday to make it extra fun!

Heidi

2 comments:

alison said...

I saw the girls' costumes at school and I have to say you did a fabulous job--they're great!! Lucky you adam will wear one. ryan layed down kicking and screaming and sobbing hysterically every time we tried to put him in one. so he's wearing a halloweeen shirt that says "hand over the candy and nobody gets hurt".

Unknown said...

Heidi I loved the kids costumes for Halloween last year espcially Spiderman.