Monday, October 13, 2008

Wilky O Lanterns


We were all home today due to the holiday, so I decided it was the perfect day and wonderful weather too to continue our fall tradition of carving pumpkins by visiting a local farm today and letting the kids pick out their tiny pumpkins. Tim and I picked out one big pumpkin for ourselves. We came home and let the kids draw a face on their pumpkin. Next, they helped us clean out the big pumpkins. Tim and I drew on our pumpkin and then carved out the face. Notice, I had nothing to do with the cleaning part....eww, touching that pumpkin "goo" as my kids called it. I left that part up to them. **giggle We put our big pumpkins out on the front porch. Hopefully, it will last until Halloween so we can put candles in it and show the kids the glowing faces.....Now, I have to learn the trick to cooking the small pumpkins and making pumpkin pie out of it.....hmmm....any ideas? What's the secret to that...?

Heidi

No comments: