

My sweet, Grant, he turned 9 years old today. He was our honeymoon baby nine years ago....as we had just celebrated our first year wedding anniversary and along came the baby....Grant. I thought it was a nice first year wedding gift, myself. Tonight, it was fun to tell the "the day you were born" story too over cake and ice cream. We had just attended a funeral for Tim's maternal grandmother, Hazel. On the way home, on the car ride home, I was in labor. I just remember being uncomfortable on these metal fold up chairs propped up on a hill overlooking the grave site to the point that my MIL comments "when is that baby due?" It was quite obvious I was grinning and bearing it. The discomfort went away for a while so I enjoyed lunch with the family. When we got in the car, with the motion, going over I-25 construction, too many bumps in the road, and before you knew it not only did we take a detour to better roads but ended up at the AF hospital. I was told that I was 5 cm and 90% effaced...and not going anywhere cause this baby was on the way. Imagine, my surprise! You are always surprised the FIRST time cause you are so clueless. Many family members showed up and waited in the lobby sharing our joy of giving birth. I wasn't quite ready for so many people to be actually in the room with me and my nurse was being strange, so it was just Tim and I. However, Dr. Nelson delivered our Grant. I am really thankful it worked out this way that I was surrounded my loving family members because my own family was so far away. I needed that extra support. It meant a great deal to me to have them there. My MIL, Bonnie, helped us out, immediately following the birth. We didn't keep her long because there were so many other family members wanting her time and to get any rest it was important my phone stop ringing...LOL and she was a newly wed, so we didn't want to keep her long anyhow. I thought I should jot this story down now when I can still remember all those funny details. It was a special day.
Heidi
1 comment:
That was a lovely blog you wrote about Grant and the day he was born. I hope he had a wonderful birthday celebration.
Post a Comment