

Grant was not very tolerant of Tyler being born, but it had a lot to do with the fact that babies cry and make notice frequently. They are only sixteen months apart in age, so Grant was hypersensitive to noises in his infancy, had frequent ear infections. So, when the baby cried, so did he. Once he got tubes put into his ears and overcame the ear issues, he loved Tyler deeply. When Katilyn was born, he wanted to help with the baby and hold her. He has been such a dear big brother and eager to be mommy's little helper. Naturally, I was not surprised when Adam was born that he just LOVED him. Being that he was older, it was great how he would entertain the baby while mommy cooked dinner. He enjoys not just his siblings but other babies too. We babysat an infant once this year in foster care, and Grant would go and comfort the baby when it cried. He would sit and hug the baby from behind and talk softly while stroking the baby's hair. So sweet! The baby calmed down so fast. It just warms my heart because I see my son giving love to others when I was told when he was diagnosed with autism at age 2, that he would never be able to give love to others or reciprocate. Well, Doctors can be wrong...and if nurtured in a loving home, they can learn to love...I believe this will all my heart. Now, Adam is two and Grant is still enjoying being the big brother for him. I caught them snuggling in a chair...it was just to precious to pass.
Heidi
No comments:
Post a Comment