Sunday, August 24, 2008

Coaching!

Okay, so we are sitting at church, as a family, in a pew, and I overhear this conversation...goes something like this:

Little girl approaches Grant and says, "Hi, Grant!" and he says, "Hi". She reaches over and hugs him, so he hugs her back.

Little girl says, "Grant you look so cute in your suit". Grant says, "I know". Isn't that such a boy thing to say??

And this gets better!
Then, my husband hearing this exchange and sitting next to Grant says, "well, Grant doesn't she look pretty in her dress?" and he replies, "yes"...and he coaches him, then don't you think you should tell her that?" Go dad! So, of course, he tells her and she smiles really big and skips off to her family.

Meanwhile, I am thinking dad is coaching son to do something he rarely does.....at least I know that dad is capable and knows better!! He isn't as clueless as I thought. It was great seeing Tim coach him in the social arena. So, you know I just HAD to tease Tim later about it....I was like "Tim, you look handsome in your suit" and he gives me this gleam in his eye, full well knowing I had over heard that conversation and says, simply, " I know" in his most mischievous way. Somehow, I knew that was coming!

That is all i have to say about that...

Heidi