
I think one of my kid's teachers are teaching how to write letters, or there is a sudden mystical force for my son to receive tons of a letters everyday, mostly by girls. When the first batch came home, he got them out of his bag and headed upstairs with a stack of folded papers. I didn't think anything of it, but he left one behind by accident...I found it and read it. It was sweet, by a classmate, saying "you are my friend because u play with me"....so cute! I was thinking it was part of an assignment or activity in class and maybe it was.....the first time. But, everyday since that one day mentioned, he has gotten notes from classmates. Tim found one from a girl that said "girls name + my son's name" and I am thinking, hmmmm......a crush? She isn't the only one writing him so is he turning into a lady's man? I had two mother's tell me that their daughters were devastated when they learned at the beginning of the school year that my son was NOT in their class, and for months, they had to hear about it! This all surprised me, not because I don't already think my kid is the cutest in the whole world, but due to the fact that he hasn't always had social advantages...it just made me feel good to know he is making social strides!! On his own! I haven't had a chance to set up playdates this year because I have been so busy, but it is good to know that it is naturally happening......so happy for him.
Heidi
No comments:
Post a Comment