Thursday, January 31, 2008

Cranberry Orange Sweet Bread Recipe

Cranberry Orange Sweet Bread Recipe

Ingredients:

1/2 cup applesauce
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cup orange juice
2 eggs
3 cups cranberries (put cranberries in water in a bowl and microwave for 5 minutes)
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract

dry mix:
4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. baking powder
3 Tbsps. orange peel
1/4 cup chopped hazel nuts

Put wet ingredients listed at top in first. Stir in dry ingredients next. When well mixed, pour into greased loaf pans. Bake 50 minutes or until fork is clean when poked at 350. Makes 2 loaves or 4 mini loaves. Enjoy!

I use Watkins brand orange peel because it stores well and is natural flavoring, no artificial stuff....okay, and I am a little lazy....don't want to stand and grate oranges forever....they also have a lemon peel too. So tasty! I order through my wonderful friend, a consultant for this company....if you would like to order some too, then comment to this blog and I will email you the information you need. It tastes so much better than the store bought stuff...eecik....I am so hooked on Watkins products now.

Heidi

No comments: