You know when u come full circle when u hear words come out of your mouth, that remind you of things your parents said to you or one of your siblings when we were being silly or doing inappropriate things, like singing silly christmas songs and adding our own words to it instead of the written ones, like my grandmother didn't like hearing us sing, "grandma got runover by a reindeer" for example.....well, my eldest son, he is in that new stage of where you laugh about things you do in a bathroom....you know, poop, pee, fart, ha ha ha hahah, anyway, his newest and latest version of happy birthday to you is for some odd reason "happy birthday to poop" or something along that line. I just rolled my eyes, while all morning he sang it and his siblings and laughed with him and copied it. I wasn't wanting to really bring it to attention or make more out of it, then it is....but when hours later, they were STILL singing it....and we were on our way out the door to attend church...I had to make a rule that they could ONLY sing it at home, not at church or at school. Sigh. They were obedient and didn't sing at church today, BUT within five minutes of returning home, it started again. I would have thought they had forgotten by then, but NOPE. So, I am hearing it NOW.
Heidi
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment