Well, it's back to school time! I saw this commercial once with the background music playing, "it's the most wonderful time of year", in which you are thinking....umm, why is a christmas themed song playing on a commercial in July, but it was a department store advertisement for "back to school" sale, with that song playing...and I did have to chuckle a little. I actually have always loved this time of year....being I loved school and learning, and the new excitement of what new subjects and teachers I get to be introduced too AND I remember my mom taking us clothes shopping which I honestly enjoyed, even if it was only a few new outfits, it was exciting to get new things....when i got older I took a part-time job which added to the excitement of using the money I had worked so hard to earn and saved for this back to school shopping we would do...it felt so good to use that money and buy the things i wanted.....such a neat thrill for me in my youth......my parents were good about teaching work ethics for me.....budgeting....and many times as an adult I am thankful they taught me these skills BEFORE I left home because it has been a great asset, as many times I didn't have much money starting out....I found this really neat kleenex holder that you can make out of plastic canvas and yarn, and I have always wanted to make one, but I have never had the time....I have instructions to make it, and I really am hoping I an make two, one for each teacher by the end of the year. I don't know if I will achieve this lofty goal, but it is the cutest idea!!Heidi
No comments:
Post a Comment