Monday, November 12, 2007

Got Mail?

My kids have come to really appreciate mail for them. However, it is seldom that they get mail. Usually, mom and dad are sorting through junk mail, bills and the occasional thing of interest, with our names on them. I usually set my mail down by the phone on the kitchen counter till I can sort through it. Lately, Tyler wants to open my mail for me. Scribble on it. I don't know! Sometimes, things go missing, when he does that....so I told him he couldn't open ANYTHING without HIS name on it, and it just so happens that a few days after I told him that something came in the mail for him, just some stickers or what not. He loved that so much. I caught him opening up my mail again, so I told him yet again, pointing to the name on the envelope that it is not his and do not open it. Long story, short, he opened the mail i had sealed and laid aside, something I was going to mail out the next day. I will tape it shut and he would open it AGAIN and AGAIN. Finally, I noticed something of interest. He had written HIS NAME on the envelope because clearly that made it suddenly okay to open my mail. I told Tim this today....my "new battle of wills" with Tyler and he just laughed and said, "well, u have to admit Heidi, that is pretty clever way of keeping your rule". rlol Frustrating but funny. That is Tyler for you tho....he had a mind of his own. Since he can't talk, we are always trying to figure him out....what is going on in his mind. This particular time, i was able to figure out why he wrote his name on the envelope and opened my mail AGAIN. I am not always so lucky to know why he does what he does, but he always keeps me on my toes.

Heidi

No comments: