I took Adam to Childrens Hospital in Denver this week, for a checkup. When I was pregnant, they discovered that his left kidney was diliated, so we saw a specialist, who did an ultrasound...it was big enough for them to be concerned, so after Adam was born they wanted to see it again. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the size of the diliation in the left kidney had DECREASED by 50%, so at that point they recommended just to monitor it....their hopes is that it would correct itself in his first year and no surgery would be needed. At this checkup, we had another ultrasound, and I was told that even though his left kidney was only a little "swollen", that they were only seeing issues with his right kidney now. I was a little confused since the right kidney wasn't an issue prior to this point. I was told the left one had the reflux issue...now the right one does??? So now, for some unknown reason the kidneys have switched on that reflux issue....which means the bladder gets full and doesn't fully empty out, some of the urine backwashes. It is mild enough that they have not at this point recommended surgery, again just to monitor it....I think they are trying to figure out what exactly is causing it.
Heidi
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had completely forgotten about that. glad its not super serious though.
Post a Comment